In New York's Zuccotti Park for moncler outlet, organizers said they distributed some 3,000 individually wrapped plates for what they described as an "open feast."
"This is Occupy Thanksgiving," Haywood Carey, a protester, told CNN.
"What you're seeing here is what we do every day. Every day we feed people. This is a special day for a lot of folks so we wanted to make a special event, but this is actually what the occupation does every single day," he said.
Volunteers passed out meals, bottles of water and slices of pumpkin pie as protesters and anyone else who wanted to stop by sat in the park, enjoying the holiday spread.
Another organizer, Megan Hayes, said the day was all about "supporting the 99%."
"So many people have given up so much to come and be a part of the movement because there is really that much dire need for community. We decided to take this holiday opportunity to provide just that -- community," she said.
Occupy demonstrators throughout the country are protesting corporate greed and corruption. Many say the nation's wealthiest 1% hold inordinate sway over the remaining 99% of the population. The protests started more than two months ago in Zuccotti Park and have since spread moncler jackets 2011.
Protesters in Washington, D.C., similarly sat down to a Thanksgiving meal, provided by area residents. The locals, who were not affiliated with a specific group, said they simply wanted to do something nice for the protesters, who have been camped out in a downtown square for weeks.
Demonstrators set up a food donation table, and several other area residents stopped by to drop off trimmings and desserts.
And in Memphis, Tennessee, while some Occupy protesters left downtown to spend the holiday with their families or go elsewhere, about 30 people sat down to a traditional Thanksgiving meal, CNN affiliate WMC reported moncler women boots.